Jamaican Black Castor Oil by FountainWednesday, October 17, 2012
AfroDeity's Online Store now exclusively stocks Fountain Jamaican Black Castor Oil Liquid Hair Food and all the Fountain products.
Authentic Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) will generally be made in the same way, years ago my auntie used to make some for my mum in her back garden in Jamaica. Making it the traditional way by manually grinding the beans and extracting the oil is generally the same across the board. Fountain JBCO is authentic and made in Jamaica.
People always complain about the smell of JBCO but with Fountain Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food enriched with Peppermint & Eucalyptus, you dont get that at all. The smell is beautifully minty and I dont need to cover it up with Perfume or add other oils. All the Jamaican goodness is already in the bottle. This luxurious range of oils has me sold! When I rub into my skin as a moisturiser it just sinks right in. However, I am not a great fan of minty products because they sometimes sting a little. Fortunately there is just the right amount of peppermint in this product and I am pleased to say there is no stinging sensation. Yay!
What makes JBCO work so well?
The ash in JBCO is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial and contains magnesium, manganese and silica derived from the roasting process. Generally across the board all authentically made Jamaican Black Castor Oil contain ash and if you have ever gotten to the bottom of a bottle of any of the brands the black stuff is evident. One of the main components of both the Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food and the Fountain Pimento Oil is Jamaican Black Castor Oil. The botanicals from this beautiful 100% natural mixture are kept in the bottle.
What makes Fountain so different to any other brand of JBCO?
- Smells wonderful - most people dislike the smell of 100% pure JBCO. Personally I like it but it is not always to everyones taste and if you use too much it does become obvious. Fountains JBCO smells minty rather than smoky.
- Wont clog pores - 100% pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a thick oil. By including Jojoba Oil which is closest to our own natural sebum, Fountain's JBCO is absorbed more easily.
- Not Sticky - This beautiful mixture isn't sticky at all and feels wonderful on the skin
- The botanicals are kept in the bottle, so the fermentation process continues long after it has been bottled.
- Fountain are helping to support the indigenous faming population of Jamaican and the declining agricultural industry
- Beautiful Packaging
Okay. So what's in it?
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil - Provides nourishment, moisturizes and stimulates the scalp and rejuvenates hair follicles.
- Peppermint - Its cooling, tingling effect is a sign that the PH levels of your scalp are being balanced, helping to put a stop to oily hair. Peppermint stimulates hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
- Jojoba - Adds great luster to hair, as it penetrates the scalp easily, thus avoiding the accumulation of sebum. It provides more shine and softness, while regenerating the hair and eliminating dandruff which helps hair-shedding control.
- Eucalyptus - Stimulates blood flow and revives dull lifeless hair. Gives your hair shine and leaves it clean smelling and works on new hair follicles to foster hair growth.
Whatever brand you buy make sure you use it correctly. Please see our Where to Buy page if you would like to know where to purchase Jamaican Black Castor Oil in the UK and our notes on Jamaican Black Castor Oil overuse.
If you decide you would like to purchase Fountain JBCO we are currently their exclusive distributor and plan to always be in stock. Buy from trusted source and get a quality product.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested in buying this, Email Us!
Embrace Your Inner AfroDeity