- Treat yourself to a cup of something steamy - Whether it’s a hot chocolate with marshmallows or a mug of creamy latte, cold weather gives you the perfect the excuse to indulge. We burn more calories in the cold as our bodies try to stay warm, so you can afford to take on a few extra.
- Curl up in something warm - In this weather, you can forget about normal clothing conventions. Wear your snuggly hats and scarves indoors, and go to the shop in your fleecy onesie. What’s your collection of winter coats like? If you haven’t got one that’s up to the job in this weather, see if you can order online to save traipsing out to the shops.
- Swap nights out for nights in - Bar-hopping might not hold much appeal right now. So forget glamming up and going out – get the girls round for a DVD and wine session instead!
- Satin Lined Silk Hats - Protect your hair from damage by cotton and wool hats. Wool and cotton can cause breakage as the fibres are not as smooth as silk or satin they can pull out fragile curly hair. You can also do this yourself to existing hats.
- Warming Oils - Keep the cold at bay with oils that warm up your toes. Rub some warming Jamaican Pimento Oil into your feet and put socks on. This can help keep you warm on a cold winter night. Find some more excellent winter oils here.
If you have ever struggled with growing your hair, join me, Leilu (AfroDeity's resident blogger), as I continue my journey to grow, healthy, strong afro textured hair. I've been there and have had every style going so if you have any questions email email@example.com or Follow Me! I generally post about Afro Hair 101. Caribbean Fusions and Unique Ingredients General Health an d Well Being and every so often a l post for my fellow geeks You can also stop by our online store that retails natural Caribbean Inspired hair and skin products.