Can Dry Shampoo be used on Afro, Curly, Kinky Hair?Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Can Dry Shampoo be used on Afro, Curly, Kinky Hair?
* Reduces the amount of natural protective oils that may be stripped from the scalp
* Freshens up hair particularly if you have been in a sweaty smoky or smelly environment
* For those of you with pressed or hot comb straighten hair, it can make this style last a little longer without having to add heat to your hair again.
*Hydrophobic - water repelling
NOTE: This should not replace your wash routine
Unlike traditional shampoos where the hydrophobic components surround the oil and is washed away with the water, This oil attaches to the powder and is instead brushed out of your hair. No washing required.
Some Do's and Dont's for Using Dry Shampoo
- Dont hold too close to your hair. Hold at least 6 inches away from your head.
- Dont try to remove it too quickly. Wait the required amount of time before brushing it out of your hair
- Do spray on both roots and ends
- Do apply to the entire head not just one spot.
- Dont use more than twice a week
Some dry Shampoo's to try today
Phillip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo
Rene Furterer Naturia Dry Shampoo
One of the most popular
- TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo
- Bumble & Bumble Pret a Powder Dry Shampoo
- Evo Hair Water Killer Dry Shampoo
- Tressame Fresh Start Moisturising Waterless Foam Shampoos
- Aveeno Pure renewal Dry Shampoo
- Blow Pro Faux Dry Shampoo
- Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo
Would love to hear from someone who had perhaps tried this i s protective style or someone that uses these regularly on afro hair.
Embrace our innerAfroDeity