1. Oily Fish - like salmon, mackrel and sardines - contain omega - 3 - fatty acids, vitamin B-12 and iron. Omega-3-fatty acids are needed to support scalp health. A deficiency of which can result in dry scalp (and hair) giving it a dull look.
5. Poultry - foods like chicken and turkey are a high source of good quality proteins. A diet rich in protein can stimulate hair growth because the essential component of hair is protein.
6. Eggs - one of the best sources of protein. They also contain biotin and vitamin B-12. Vitamin B complex is essential for promoting hair growth.
7. Wholegrains - contain iron, zinc and B vitamins. Iron deficiency is thought to be the cause of hair loss in most premenopausal women according to a recent French study.
8. Oysters - contain zinc. (Zinc can also be found in beef and lamb). Zinc strengthens your hair follicles and may help prevent certain types of hair loss.
9. Low Fat Dairy Products - great source of calcium which is another important mineral for hair growth. Whey and casium are also high quality protein sources. Try products like cottage cheese and yoghurt.
Sources www.webmd.com and www.livestong.com