Jamaican Black Castor Oil for AcneWednesday, April 24, 2013
As a teenager I suffered quite badly with acne on my face, resulting in much name calling by others: my favourite 'crater face'. Anyway, in my twenties I discovered many natural ways of cleansing the face and my acne promptly went with the teen years.
One way of cleansing the face naturally is by using an oil to cleanse the face and the Castor Oil, Oil Cleansing method is a well know way of removing dirt and impurities from the face.
Mainstream facial cleansing products strip natural oils from the skin and contain fragrances which can be excessively drying. Our skin is then constantly repairing itself by trying to replenish those natural oils. Each time our natural oils are stripped away the skin overcompensates for the lack of moisture and overproduces oil.
To remove oil, dirt, dead cells and debris from the skin, we must remember from our early chemistry days that 'like attracts like' ie water likes or is attracted to water and oil likes or is attracted to oil. You will know that oil and water are immiscible ie they dont mix, for example water and suntan oil. This is a fundamental that has stayed with me throughout my education. As such for the purposes of this post we must be aware that 'oil dissolves oil' and the skin naturally lubricates itself with oil.
At first I thought it absurd to put oil on my acne prone, oily face. However oil on its own does not cause ance. A combination of factors including bacteria, dead skin cells and their build up and of course the over production of sebum (our natural oil) caused by stripping with mainstream facial washes can contribute to causing acne.
How do I cleanse my face with Jamaican Black Castor Oil
You will need a washcloth, 100% pure jamaican black castor oil and hot steamy water
- Do this twice a week for 4 weeks before bed
- Pour a genorous amount of the oil into the palm og your hand ( a bit more than a 10p sized amount)
- Rub hands together and warm the oil
- Massage into the face thoroughly, and smooth into your entire face, working on those problem areas. This should remove, makeup, dirt and any impurities.
- Allow the oil to cool
- Soak washcloth in the warm steamy water.
- Wipe the oil away with the warm washcloth.
- Wash the washcloth in the warm steamy water and hold o the face
- Allow it to cool, then wipe the face again
- Repeat this once or twice
- Do not scrub the face. The washcloth should remove the oil and any dirt and impurities (even makeup) should come away with it.
- If the face feels tight rub a small amount of castor oil on your fingers and massage into the face. This will be absorbed into the face.
Your face should feel clean and smooth when you wake in the morning! You will need to do this regularly perhaps twice a week
Let us know if this works for you!
I am currently trying a similarish method with Fountain's Jamaican Pimento Oil on my eczema prone arms and legs and will post and let you know if this works. I have had such wonderful results with witchhazel, tea trea oil and Fountain's Pimento Oil on all areas of my skin!
Embrace Your Inner AfroDeity