Jamaican Black Castor Oil OverUseTuesday, February 08, 2011
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Overuse
Your hair journey is a process and educating yourself about your hair is just as important as understanding the products you are using. Good hair habits, respecting your hair and regular use of JBCO will make your hair grow in time. There is no need to rush the process and apply it over liberally. Sticking to a good routine is a more effective way of taking care of your hair.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) is known to cleanse toxins from the scalp, nourish and thicken the hair, stimulate hair growth, moisturize dry brittle hair, repair split ends, and give hair body and bounce.
It is not recommended that you leave 100% pure JBCO on your scalp as this can encourage rather than fight bacterial and fungal growth. JBCO contains phytonutrients that help destroy many types of bacteria, funghi and other parasites that can cause scalp and skin problems like dandruff. Applying the oil regularly has been known to encourage growth and start new growth. However as our sebaceous glands (in the scalp) also produce oil, a dirty scalp along with oil build up will clog up the pores and can actually cause skin and scalp problems. If you do plan to leave JBCO on your scalp for an extended period of time, mix with a lighter oil, massage into your scalp and add adopt a good wash regime. Apply to a clean scalp.
Still not sure if Jamaican Black Castor Oil is for you, see our post:
Can Jamaican Black Castor Oil be Used on Caucasian or Asian Hair
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Uses:
- Use Jamaican Black Castor Oil as a pre shampoo treatment. If using the pure 100% JBCO try mixing it with another lighter oil like coconut or olive oil.
- Adding it to your deep conditioner as a moisturising agent.
- Sealing in moisture on the ends, prevents the moisture leaving the hair easily after it has been applied. Moisturise the hair as usual. Rub a small amount into your hand and spread into your hair. Fountain JBCO is wonderful as a leave in as it has a refreshing odour and does not pong.
- Protecting your ends pre relaxer is a good use of this moisturising oil. It helps prevent over processing as the oil coats the hair nicely. During the relaxer process it is washed off the hair.
- Massage JBCO mixture into the scalp, edges or hair line three times a week
Want a Jamaican Black Castor Oil Review click here!
Sunny Isle, Tropic Isle Living and Fountain Luxury are all available at AfroDeity's Store